01/06/2018 - Cakes
This dough is very good natured and lends itself well to small or large biscuits.
Makes 24 6cm round biscuits although I often make them heart shaped.
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/Gas 4.
- Blitz the lavender flowers with the sugar in a food processor and reserve 1 tbsp of the lavender sugar for dusting.
- Add the butter, and cream the lavender infused sugar and butter together.
- Sift the flour and ground rice into the mixture, mix until it forms a smooth paste
- Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently until the dough is smooth.
- Allow the dough to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a 5mm thickness, and cut out biscuits using a heart-shaped cutter. Place the hearts onto the baking trays.
- Bake until pale golden-brown approximately for 15 minutes.
- Carefully place the biscuits onto a cooling rack, sprinkle with the reserved lavender sugar and set aside to cool.